Are there any benefits to this position?
- Volunteers receive a Monthly Living Allowance for their time
- Student Loan Deferment and some of the student loan interest paid
- Education Award at the end of the service term
- Great experience working with preschool children and community agencies!
What is a Volunteer Parent Coach?
Works on an individual basis with families utilizing Nurturing Parenting Program (NPP)
Provide support and case management to parents
Participate in trainings and other professional growth opportunities
Provide the necessary information and referrals to families in need
Administer a Pre/Post Skills Assessment to each parent assigned
Enters data and submits reports as instructed in a timely manner
Meets with lead agency supervisor and plans delivery of instruction to parent(s) weekly
Represents First 5 San Bernardino and partner agencies during community events
Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings and some weekends
Performs other duties as assigned
What kind of skills do I need?
- Experience and or interest working with preschool age children
- Knowledge of Child Development
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience and willingness to work with culturally diverse children and families
- Knowledge of community resources available to children 0-5 and their families
- Ability to take initiative and perform duties with little supervision
What are the minimum qualifications?
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a high school diploma and 6 units in human/health services related field 6 ECE units can be substituted with an undergraduate degree (AA or Bachelors) and/or work experience in a related field
- Must be a U.S. citizen of lawful permanent resident
- Clearance of fingerprint background check with Department of Justice and FBI
- Clean DMV report and proof of auto insurance
Download Brochure (PDF)
Download Application (PDF)
Interested in becoming a First 5 AmeriCorps Member?
Learn more about our positions and the benefits. Join our interest list for announcements on position openings in the future.